This is for the Assessment Solution. You will not have this option if you are a free user.
Note: you will need to include the word Teacher in the name of the CSV file when you upload it. We highly recommend uploading all four CSVs at once when you initially upload data into Chalk to ease the teacher experience. Click here for information on how to save your file as a CSV.
The Enrollment CSV will add students you created in the Student CSV to classes you created in the Classlist CSV. It is important to note that if you haven't uploaded the Student CSV and Classlist CSV first then the Enrollment CSV will not work. Each row will add an individual student to an individual class.
In the Enrollment CSV file there are four different fields:
- Two of these fields are Required Fields which must be included in the Enrollment CSV
- Two of these fields are Optional Fields which you don't have to include
- ClassID: A unique number or code to identify each individual class that will be taught. This is the same ClassID you created in the Classlist CSV.
- StudentID: A unique number or code to identify each individual student. This will be the same StudentID you assigned in your Student CSV.
- isArchived: Set this to TRUE if you need to archive a student from a specific class. Leaving this blank or setting it to FALSE will not have any impact on that student's enrollment. Archiving an enrollment will hide that student's information in that class from all student, guardian and teacher accounts. Archiving can be undone from the Admin panel. Learn more about Archiving here.
- isDeleted: Set this to TRUE if you would like to delete a student from a specific class. Leaving this blank or setting it to FALSE will not have any impact on that student's enrollment. Deleting completely removes this student's information in that class from all student, guardian and teacher accounts. Once an enrollment is deleted this cannot be undone.
We highly recommend using isArchived and not isDeleted for most circumstances to ensure you can recover information for a class if you ever need it in the future.
Your Enrollment CSV file should look similar to the image below:
Click here to download a Sample Enrollment CSV.
Visit these articles on how to create the other three CSVs for your school: