Copy Materials will bring in all lesson plan content, units, assigned curriculum, and assessments, from one class to another. You can do this whether it's for the same semester or a different one. This article goes over how to do this for an existing semester, but if you would like to copy over past materials when creating a new semester, please read this support article.
THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL CONTENT IN THE CLASS YOU'RE COPYING TO. THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE.
Open the Lessons menu at the top of the page, then click Semesters.
Click the Copy Materials button in the top right corner.
Select the semester and the class you want to copy from. Once you choose the semester you want to copy from, you'll then be asked to select which semester and class you would like to copy your content to.
Once you've selected a source and destination to copy to, you'll be asked to select what materials to copy.
Click the blue Copy button when you're ready. It may take some time to copy all the specified materials, but you will receive a notification when the copy has successfully completed.
The following content will be copied over:
If you're copying units...
- Units and their content
- Assigned standards
- Attached curriculum maps (if your school is subscribed to our Curriculum solution)
If you’re copying lessons...
- Lesson plan content
- Lesson plan attachments
- Assigned standards
- If also copying units, any units assigned to lessons
If you’re copying assessments…
- ‘Out of’ mark
- Assessment weight
- All Categories from the original class are brought over, and categories existing in the new class will get overwritten.
- Original due dates will remain the same (remember to change due dates only once the assessments have been copied over successfully).
- If your school is subscribed to our Assessment solution, you will have the option to change the visibility on assessments so that they do not appear in student and guardian feeds.
Note: Students will not be copied over with assessments, but can be enrolled through the class list in the Gradebook.
REMEMBER! THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL CONTENT IN THE CLASS YOU'RE COPYING TO. THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE.
Any edits made to original lessons or assessments while copying takes place may result in an unsuccessful copy.
This feature does not currently exist in the iOS Planboard application.
This feature does not currently exist in the Android Planboard application.